Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 4 thoughts

My belief in education and I have crossed paths again. In "assessment as a way of Life" by Roberta Ferger I came across the wonderful words that I love to see and read. Project−based learning and student presentation of work is an integral part of the Key Learning assessment program. I did my undergrad work at UW-Stout as a Marketing Education teacher and everything that we belive in is project-based learning. We had this drilled into our heads in the mid-90's so I find it a little disturbing that this is such a revelation to the core content classes. Sadly, there are some people that think that a cooperative education course doesn't have value, but like the reading said You can watch a show where Julia Child makes a soufflĂ©,and you can read about soufflĂ© making," she adds, but the real test is "making one yourself."
I love to hear that more people are believeing in cooperative ed and hands-on learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment