Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Module 1 Assignment - About Me

I guess I wan't alone in having difficulty having a partner, so I will be introducing myself also.
Q: Why have you chosen this course, this university and/or this program?
I chose this course because it was one of the steps to the online certification. In my area it seems to be a growing trend and I feel that online education is a trend that I can really be at the forefront for and it's something that I am fascinated by. I was a Stout undergrad and I didn't have the time resources to be able to get my masters traditionally, so I looked at who offered online education masters and that's how I got back into Stout.
Q:Tell me about your background, experiences, and/or skills.
I'm a 33-year-old first year teacher. I teach computers and PE in a K-8 Catholic school, but I'm a 9-12 experienced, business education certified Lutheran, so go figure ;) I also coach football, baseball, and in two weeks archery.

Q: What do you expect from this course?
Probably to learn a lot. This will be my 4th online course that I've taken and all of them have taught me so much that it feels a bit overwhelming.

Q: What is one thing we might never have guessed about you?
I live in Western Wisconsin and I'm a Chicago Bears season ticket holder.

Q: Who is that special someone, thing or event that you cherish and would never want to give up?
My family. My wife is an Assistant Principal and our son is almost 5. We also have a baby on the way, and I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment