Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Assessment in E-Learning Blog #1 - Week 2 Reflection

I found that as I was reading this chapter that I was trying to find a connection to learning styles from traditional classrooms that were similar to this. The "Edublogs as an assessment tool" reading really sparked it for me when they discussed that blogs were started in the early 1990s as a diary. I seem to recall several times writing in a journal for english classes and things of that nature. The main difference being that those journals were meant to be between student and teacher only. It feels unusual that we are basically doing the same reflections, but now not only is it not private, we are required in some cases to comment on other student's reflections. I agree with the study that there is a high degree of individual accountability mixed with group processing.

I had read earlier that student results would increase if the student took ownership of the assignment. I believe that most post-secondary students would take ownership of an assignment such as this solely because of the knowledge that it will be read and commented on by their peers.

JH

2 comments:

  1. Based on your comment, do you think opening journaling is good or do you think some journaling should still remain between an instructor and student?
    Kim- Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, based on your main picture you are a huge fan of what team?

    ReplyDelete